The Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program at Auxilio Mutuo Hospital provides the best treatment
alternatives for patients with hematological diseases, through a multidisciplinary approach that integrates
the value of innovation, collaboration, and empathy.
The Program provides a team of medical and support personnel to guarantee a complete and individualized treatment
plan tailored to each patient's specific needs.
High-level Medical Staff
- The program has the only two Board Certified Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy specialists
on the island with experience performing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and cellular
therapies in adult patients. Both physicians trained at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL), a National Cancer
Institute (NCI) Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Dr. Alexis M. Cruz Chacón
- Dr. Cristian I. Rodríguez Arocho
- Supported by a full team of medical subspecialists with experience in the care of transplant patients.
First Class Facilities
- The Inpatient Unit is a state-of-the-art facility on par with leading programs in the United States.
- This unit has 6 rooms and is designed to meet the special needs of Blood and Marrow Transplant patients and
- The new Blood and Marrow Transplant Multidisciplinary Ambulatory Clinic provides a safe, comfortable, and
peaceful environment to diagnose, treat, and follow-up with patients who are in need, or have received a
hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- The outpatient clinic facilities include 3 exam rooms, 1 procedure room, 1 treatment area, and 1 apheresis
room prepared with the best technology and equipment to perform clinical evaluations, ambulatory procedures,
and treatment interventions.
High environmental controls
- HEPA air filtration system in all patient care areas to reduce the transmission of airborne infections. The clinic
also has an isolation room equipped with alternate positive and negative pressure airflow for patients at risk
of infection due to weakened immune system.
Comprehensive wellness philosophy
- Psychological care
- Exercise areas
- Complimentary activities such as: music, arts and crafts, image makeover, spiritual support, fitness trainer,
mood therapy, and literary distraction, among others.
- Our volunteers dedicate their valuable time to making sure that patients and relatives have a pleasant stay.
To learn more about our Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program: Click Here