The Specialized Rehabilitation Unit at the Auxilio Mutuo Hospital is an inpatient rehabilitation unit that helps each
patient during the recovery process in order for them to resume their daily activities. An interdisciplinary team composed
of physical medicine, rehabilitation specialists, and other healthcare professionals, including therapists,
nutritionists, nurses, social workers, and case managers, provides highly specialized care for patients who have
experienced an injury or a disabling condition.
Our team of professionals helps patients achieve their independence in order for them to return to their daily lives
and integrate into the community. Criteria for inpatient rehabilitation may include: strokes, heart attacks, amputations, spinal
cord injuries, neurological injuries, Parkinson’s Disease, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, and femur fracture, among others.
This specialized unit provides the following services:
- Rehabilitation care supervised by specialized doctors
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Speech-language pathologists to attend swallowing and language issues
- 24-hour service with trained nurses
- Therapeutic services
- Education and counseling for patients and their families, as well as treatment coordination
To learn more about the Specialized Rehabilitation Unit: Click Here