Auxilio Transplant Center
The Transplant Center at Auxilio Mutuo Hospital is the only approved facility by the "United Network for Organ Sharing"
(UNOS) in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, for the following programs:
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Program
- Liver Transplant Program
The Center brings over 100 trained health professionals dedicated to the clinical management of patients with highly
complex health conditions. The Medical Staff is composed of renowned surgeons, certified by UNOS, with vast
experience in each of their specialized fields. The Transplant Center staff is committed to providing their patients with
the best quality of life possible.
Auxilio Transplant Center provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to adult and pediatric patients with permanent
kidney failure, Type 1 Diabetes, transplant services, pancreatic problems, in addition to recovery and liver transplant
services. Patients receive support from an excellent multidisciplinary team caring for the specific needs of each patient,
including the necessary ancillary services in one place.
- Evaluation of adult and pediatric patients with renal, pancreatic, and hepatic conditions
- Pre-transplant and post-transplant diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Medical and surgical services of a wide range of specialties, such as nephrologists, cardiologists, surgeons
- Transplant surgical services and surgeries related to diagnoses of kidney, pancreatic, and liver diseases
- Living organ donor evaluation
- Histocompatibility and Immunogenic Laboratory Services
- Transplant and donor surgeries
- Nephrectomy of the donor through laparoscopy or open surgery
Transplant Unit (inpatient)
The nursing staff and healthcare professionals providing care to post-transplanted (or transplant) patients at the
Transplant Unit are highly qualified, specialized, and dedicated to patient care after the transplant surgery. They also
provide care to pre or post-transplant patients that face any other clinical event that might require hospitalization.
To learn more about the Auxilio Transplant Center: Click Here